Parks, Recreation & Trails
The Conway Parks, Recreation & Trails Committee’s primary mission is to create and oversee recreational activities for townspeople of all ages in order to promote community as well as healthy lifestyles.
- Provide seasonal events for varying age groups and interests.
- Provide oversight of the maintenance and/or improvements to the existing town field property and town-owned common areas and future town recreational areas.
- Provide collaboration with other related town committees (e.g. Trails Committee, Land Use Committee, Open Space Committee, Planning Board).
The Parks & Recreation Committee meets the second Wednesday of every month at 6:00 PM at the Town Office. We welcome your ideas!!
- Dave Beaudet (Chairperson)
- JJ Prusak (Secretary)
- Craig Warner
- Robert Anderson (Trails)
- Heidi Flanders
You can email the committee by clicking here.
Community Sports are run independently of the town. Contacts for these organizations are listed below.
- Youth Soccer – Pat Falla (413-369-0279)
- Youth Baseball/Softball – Pat Falla
- Youth Basketball – Pat Falla
- Conway Ski & Ride Club – Pat Falla
- Women’s Softball (www.pvwsoftball.org) – Ashley Pease
- Ultimate Frisbee – Gerry LeBlanc
Park Improvement Projects
The committee has been working on various projects over the last few years including looking to improve Memorial Park as well as drainage repairs and overall improvements to the Town Field. Information on these projects, documents, and presentations can be found here.
The ice skating rink at the town field was constructed in one of the last weeks of 2011 by a very ambitious group of volunteers. Volunteers spent hours researching and developing a promising yet cost effective skating rink. Time has been spent organizing the project, building partitions, construction, lining, adding sand bags, creating signs, adding kickboards, pumping water (many, many times), installing temporary lighting, repairing a donated snowblower, and even engineering and building a home-made zamboni. Managing and maintenance of the rink is not an easy task. The rink can only be used when it is solid and not starting to deteriorate due to warm weather (skating on the rink in warm weather creates unrepairable damage). Flooding, adding water, and resurfacing is very tricky and must be done at ideal freezing temperatures, normally late in the evening. The volunteers thank everyone for their patience and understanding given many of the restraints of maintenance.
Conway Swimming Pool
In October, 2008, the Conway Trails Committee merged with the Conway Parks & Recreation committee. One member of the new Parks, Recreation, and Trails Committee will be designated as the trails liaison.
Please enjoy and respect our trails. Stay off posted property. Carry in, carry out. Respect the Town of Conway Leash Law.
White = State Forest Boundaries
Blue = Town Land
Page last updated March 9, 2015