Parks and Ballfield Projects
Drainage and Park Improvement Project
At town meeting in 2011 the town appropriated $5,000 for the Parks, Recreation, and Trails Committee to study drainage repair and overall recreation field improvements in town. This project completed and project documents follow. In 2012 the town approved $90,000 for the engineering and permitting required to move forward with construction and applying for available grant monies. The committee is moving forward quickly with Weston & Sampson Engineering so as to not miss any grant deadlines. On July 27, 2012 the town also closed on the property at 37 Academy Hill Road, which will be included in the overall planning.
- Regular planning meetings are the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month, 6:00 PM at the Town Office. The 2nd Wednesday is also the regular meeting for Parks, Recreation, and Trails Committee.
- August 15, 2012 - Parks Planning Forum, Town Hall, 7:00 PM
- May 7, 2012 – Pre Town Meeting, Grammar School, 7:00 PM
- April 26, 2012 - Forum, Grammar School, 7:00 PM
- 2012 Town Field Drainage Plan
- 2012 Town Field Topographical Plan
- 2012 Town Field Conceptual Plan
- 2012 Rose Field Conceptual Plan
- 2012 Overall Downtown Parks Plan
- Parks Drainage and Improvement Presentation – Forum April 26, 2012
- Town Meeting Handout – Article 33 – May 14, 2012
2010 Memorial Park Study and Design Project
In 2010 the committee used budgeted funds to work with the Conway School of Lanscape Design to review the historical use of Memorial Park and to provide alternate solutions for it’s continued maintenance and beautification. Four different sets of plans were developed along with an excellent asssessment of the area. The committee is not choosing to fully implement any one plan at this point, but instead is using parts of different plans to beautify and improve the maintenance of Memorial park.
Page last updated August 8, 2012